Tuesday, November 1, 2011

November Challenge--My Quest to Be a Centenarian

Decades ago I read a story in the old Prevention magazines about a land where people lived to be well over a hundred and I decided that I would love to be a centenarian. I have always been a late bloomer so let's hope that I can keep this bloom blooming for at least forty more years. I want to be a healthy centenarian but I have not done all of the right things when it comes to my body, I have spent a lot more energy working on my mind and spirit. Over the past five years or so, I have totally dropped the ball when it comes to physical exercise which for most of my life was dance. Don't get me wrong, I still love to dance but being in a dance studio with all of the creepy competitive energy just doesn't fit my nature so, I walked away from it all. This past month I found a wonderful Pilates instructor and signed up for private lessons. It is time to whip my body back into shape. To help me achieve my goal of becoming a centenarian, I have study the books to find out what all I should and shouldn't be doing. As long as there is life in my body, I can make changes in my life that will enrich my health. This month I will continue to eat smart and to do my pilates and I will also read a couple of books on the secrets to longevity.
My husband has a nook and I have the kindle and today we started reading, "The most Effective Ways to Live Longer by Jonny Bowden.

No comments:

Post a Comment