Sunday, April 8, 2012

Week 1 Review

Week one was a trip for me because I found myself dealing with a lot of fearful thoughts that threatened to over take me but I was able to get back on top by doing some spiritual reading. The lessons in the book had to do with finding the inner monastery, silence and solitude, walking meditation, sacred readings, visual art exploration, and some reflection questions. I am off to a shaky start but I did manage to do the visual art exploration and my own brand of sacred reading. I meditate twice a day everyday so in a sense, my mouth is silent even though my mind is full of thoughts rushing by and all too often, catching my attention. I do love spending my silent time in nature. I sat on the Tule Elk Reserve on the Point Reyes Seashore, in silence watching these beautiful beings and I was in total joy.
Each week, I will add a quote from the book that I enjoyed.
"Silence isn't something we do, although we can still ourselves to receive its gifts. It is not a personal capacity, although we can cultivate practices of becoming more present. Meister Eckhart described silence as 'the purest element of the soul, the soul's most exalted place, the core, the essence of the soul.' This is the inner monastery within each of our hearts, a place of absolute stillness, our soul's deep essence."

No comments:

Post a Comment