Monday, April 30, 2012

Week 4 Review

"I want to rise and fall like the ebb and flow of the ocean.  I want to shed parts of myself in the autumn,  to go deeply inward in the winter, to blossom into spring, and to shine forth and be radiant in summer.  I want to live my life in healing rhythms that honor the limits of my body, the pleasures of rest, and the delights of play."
This week was all about recognizes and embracing the seasons of life .  This chapter had a beautiful and sacred way of celebrating the four seasons everyday .   Dawn's direction is east and it is associated with spring, renewal, awakening,and with the breath/air.  Noon is associated with summer, fire and the direction is south if you are in the northern hemisphere and north if you are in the southern hemisphere. It is a time of fullness and the sun is at its peak, a time of illumination.  Anyway, you get the point and I am able to create rituals to honor the seasons in my life on a daily basis.    I already have rituals for dawn, the awakening and what the author refers to as the "hour of dark," which is associated with winter, the north in the northern hemisphere and the south if you are in the southern hemisphere, and with the element of earth.  It is the time of rest and stillness, a time to go inward, a time for grounding.  
I want to create rituals for noon time and also for  "dusk." Dusk is associated with autumn,  the west and with the element of water.
The chapter also dealt with monthly cycles, and yearly seasons and ways to use these sacred cycles/seasons, to deepen your creativity.

No comments:

Post a Comment