Friday, July 15, 2011

July Challenge..............No Idiot Box Day 15


Well I am halfway through this challenge and all is well although I have not watched television, I did have to watch a dvd and my daughter informed me that I was cheating. I threw in the dvd thing because I didn't want to substitute watching dvds everyday all day in place of watching Bravo, my favorite television channel but at the end of the month, I will return to my occasional dvds. I had given up television for three years when my husband went out and bought a 58 inch plasma flat screen television and threw in surround sound and we both became mesmerized by our new toy. After two years of Bravo, my love affair with this toy is over and I am once again giving up the box. I need time to do art, play my guitar, to continue with my spanish lessons, photography, write my pen pals, and most importantly read, read , read. I do all of these things now but my time is so limited due to throwing it away on goofy entertainment on the idiot box. I have added some really cool things to my life, I have started following two really cool blogs by two fantastic photographers who inspire us by giving us weekly prompts. You can find their buttons on the side panel of this blog and my Simple delights blog. So if you see what seems to be random photos, they are probably photo assignments.

No comments:

Post a Comment