Monday, March 14, 2011

Day 14 of my March-Read a Poem a Day Challenge

There is a poem in this book called, "Reckless Divas" that really got me going It is a kind of mirror mirror on the wall type poem. The mirror wants the older woman to act her age and there in lies the problem and in the end the woman listens to the mirror, "without asking she shied away from the mirror and joined the illustrious ladies of Former Head-turners Anonymous." It is a well written poem, but boy do I dislike the way other women work overtime to try and push women they deem as old, into the attics and bury them alive. Act your age, yes, I will act my age and not yours. If you feel like you can't samba anymore or pop your hip, that is your dilemma because my mirror is created in my own image and we have a love thing going on and so much more to accomplish. Excuse me illustrious ladies, I have some dancing to do!

No comments:

Post a Comment