Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Day 22 of my March-Read a Poem a Day Challenge

It is very interesting to read all of these different books of poetry and "Nectar of Woman" is quite unique. The author explains that this is stream of consciousness poetry writing, it came to her while driving her car across deserts and down long highways usually at night. I do stream of consciousness writing every morning but never thought of publishing it as is and the thought frankly, is really frightening to me. She said that she didn't want to change it, she wanted to leave it the way it came out and sometimes for me it works and other times I have to ask, where is she going with this but, I do like that she gave me a heads up by giving me the back story on how this book came to be. What I enjoy about this collection even more, is that she is not following the tried and tested rules of writing poems, her flow is uniquely her own, and, it inspires freedom in expression.

No comments:

Post a Comment